Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fasting day one, and why..

I realized that I was going nuts. not making any progress sorting my life out. experiencing one stroke of bad luck after another, and trying to stay positive, count my blessings, figure it out.. i am great in a pinch, even better being the platoon leader, if you will, but this time i had more than a year of strikes, and 2 paths were before me.. figure it out sanely, or go down the dark road of running away, scary vices, and bad bad skin tone.
and because i firmly believe in our future, my daughter and mine, and because i had such a large large precedent of figuring out my life in the face of danger, catastrophe, bad people, AND I needed a good example to show my daughter.. fasting seemed the way to go.

okay. fasting. the cleansing hippie guru of those that are parasite paranoid...fasting.. no, i didnt have the robes either..
But, I did have a firm belief and had tested myself years before, not just with abject survival training fasting for 2 or 3 days at a time but with an important 10 day fast before my 30th birthday. the big 3-0. and that was good.

Day 1

I woke up, earlier than usual, because I had a chiropracters appointment...another thing i had no choice but to do, to be able to move, hike, even do yoga properly.. and reach a ripe old age. I figured, that if i didnt do it now, i never would..
Went there, got a bunch of winter food- the challenge being that I was real hungry at that point, and the touch, and sight of food was a challenge, for a sec. Then off to a second doctor, for an appointment meet and greet.. And she turned out to be GREAT! knock on wood. I had been used to being treated like crap within the medical establishment, there had always been a huge mistrust on both sides. I had even 'broke up' with many doctors, in order to find better ones. ones that respected that I am smart, and I know what is good for me, i know my body, and they were there to work with me, and answer my questions, and help.

But this one recomended herbal treatment, and looked me in the eye, spelled out process, and was very respectful. So relieving. Needless to say, I was nervous about the meeting. But that worked well. I even told her that I was fasting for 10 days, which alot of times, doesn't sit well with the normal drs.

My daughter and I walked around Burlington, first Church st, where we looked at the occupation, which was being closed because of a suicide, and what not.. I asked the people that were there what they planned on doing next, and they said that they werent allowed to camp in the park. I made a comment saying how the word 'allowed' was the problem. They said they'd regroup. I left.

Realistically I expected someone to at least tell me that I had no right making judgment on what they happened to be doing cause I wasn't there, making comments on them. But they didn't. They seemed sheepish and passive. Maybe this is the big problem.

We then walked on the Intervale road, down where they keep all the community gardens, although as beautiful and cozy as it was, there were signs all over saying not to eat the veggies, because they were contaminated with flood waters from the hurricane. The city gave the gardens and farmers fallow land, floodplain where the sewage plant is. Look in your town and note where you have community gardens, if any. Almost always, they are near land with a rife aroma in the summertime, and floods can happen too easily. Everything destroyed and not usable. But it was cozy, and it reminded me of upstate NY, where I desperately want a farm, myself. We heard alot of starlings, and they flew off in their dancing way, into the sunset. Although some strayed from the group going somewhere else, as though they had some business to take care of.. why is that..?

No comments:

Post a Comment