Sunday, September 20, 2009

Questions for discussion:
• Why did you choose this Photographer?
• Does this photographer’s style work with what you are trying to do?

I chose this photographer- Margaret Morton- as a profound documentary photographer.
Which is what I aim to be. Her style is raw, with a lot of light and shadows.
I enjoy the subject matter. desolate, real, and the books that she has done are important.

I look at the critique of her own work, and books, and interviews, writings in her books, and then get discussion with friends who have appeared, or know someone in the books, and it is interesting to see peoples feelings regarding such, as well as what important parts Margaret Morton has left out, perhaps because of her own ununderstanding of 'that other world' or not fully grasping the story of her subjectmatter.

And this is where documentary jurnalism, or even photography of this kind, concerns me. I realize that we are all observers. We take from a reading or viewing, or experience what we can, be it innate 'been there' feeling, or perhaps alltogether newness of the viewer.

interesting musings. very real.

No comments:

Post a Comment